Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Murray Goodbye

Last weekend we made our last trip to Murray before Mom and Dad made the big move.  It was very bittersweet for me.  I am thrilled for Mom and Dad and their new retired life at the beach, but saying goodbye to the only home I've known for the past 25 years was tough!  But it was a perfect final weekend for me. 
 
When we got there on Friday, we went to a party that Mom and Dad's friends threw them.  It was so sweet and we all enjoyed ourselves!  After some yummy food and drink, we all said a few of our first goodbyes to the people that have made Murray our home.
 
Saturday was my birthday and I could not think of a better place to be to celebrate.  The boys got to play golf in Murray one last time, so we girls spent the day just playing in Murray.  After lunch at Dairy Queen we went to the splash pad for some water fun!  We made it home just in time to watch the State baseball game and watch us win our first game at the World Series!  We then headed out to the lake to eat a birthday dinner at Patti's- one of my favorites!
 
Sunday was rough.  Mom did the children's sermon at church and it was so special that Morgan was there to sit with her during the last time.  Kinda brought everything around full circle.  That afternoon we came home so that Mom and Dad could pack the last few things before the movers came on Monday. 
 
I did a last walk through the house that held so many memories for us all.  It was more than just a house, it was our home.  I had lived in each room at one point in my life.  Even with just one bathroom (yep! That's right!) it took such good care of us.  I can't imagine growing up anywhere else.  My favorite thing about the new home in Alabama is that I get the same calming feeling when I walk through the door.  My home was always a safe haven for me and as we are leaving it I'm realizing that it has never been the house, but the people in it.  That is another reason why the new home feels the same!  I cried as we left, but I know that there are many new memories to make at the beach!
 Party time!
 Mommy and Morgan
 Beautiful girl
 The Schwettmans, Mom and Dad, the Williams and the Canerdys
Wonderful friends and hosts for the party!
 Yummy birthday lunch
 Pretty cool splash pad
 Fun with RoRo
 Packe, Morgan and RoRo
 A family birthday pic
 Make a wish Morgan!
Morgan helped me blow out my candles- a perfect ending to a perfect birthday!
Goodbye Elm Street

No comments:

Post a Comment