Friday, November 29, 2013

A Golden Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we are thankful to spend our first as a family of four!  Even though Macie slept through the meal, I'm sure she loved it!  We were thankful that Sam, Sissy and Carrie celebrated one of my favorite days with us.  We started the day with the parade and Morgan actually sat and watched some of it this year.  She danced with me and the Rockettes, sang the Christmas songs and waved at Santa when he came.  But my favorite part was our conversation:
 
Morgan: "Mommy, what are we watching?"
Me: "It's the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Morgan.  We watch it every year!"
Morgan: *long pause* "Why does Macie have a parade?"
You know what?  When we named Macie I never thought of that!  Clever girl.
 
Our meal was wonderful and I was REALLY thankful that Bobby fried our turkey for us...so yummy!  But I'm not going to lie, my favorite part of this year's Thanksgiving was watching our Dawgs bringing the Egg Bowl trophy back home to Starkville!  I am very thankful that Sam and Sissy pulled some Pop and GaGa time so Jeff and I could have a date night at the football game.  Boy was I glad I braved the cold to watch the win!  We couldn't ask for a better day! 
 Happy Thanksgiving!
 My two little turkeys
 Macie, GaGa and Morgan
 "Where's Waldo?"  How about, "Where's Macie?" 
 Loving our Bulldogs
 Hail State!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about your thanksgiving party. Last month, my friend arranged a thanksgiving party for all of us at one of the grand venues in San Francisco. He arranged a cocktail party and we all enjoyed there to fullest.

    ReplyDelete