Sunday, February 22, 2015

My Old Kentucky Home


We finally had a wonderful excuse to go home to Murray... to celebrate Carrie!  And yes, I know that I don't have any family here anymore, but it will always be my home.  Carrie and Mom's friends hosted a lovely shower for Carrie with a "My Old Kentucky Home" theme.  It was perfect and a great opportunity to see all of our Murray family.  Our morning was filled with yummy food, sweet gifts and tons of hugs!
 
After the shower we made our way to 701 Elm Street.  Now don't worry.  We are not those creepy people who move and then just show up at their old house every time they come back to town.  Well, we are.  But we were invited!  A lovely couple has made our home perfect for them.  They have worked on it for a year now and it was amazing!  And for all their hard work, I was just touched to see that they love our house as much as we did.  I know it will take good care of them and give them as many wonderful memories as it has given us.
 
One thing that was a little weird was coming to Murray and staying in a hotel.  But one person who didn't mind was Morgan.  I think she swam in that pool three or four times during our short stay!
 
We also got to put the cherry on top of a great day with a Racer basketball game.  We even got to cheer them on to a win!  Another thing that was a little weird was being in that arena for a game but not hearing my Dad's voice through the speakers.  But still a good time.  We even got to celebrate at the Apple!  (Jeff totally earned some bonus points for getting the girls to sleep in the room while I got to have fun with my parents, Carrie and Bobby!)
 
After church and lunch at Los we headed back south.  Once again, Murray took great care of us!
 The sweetest part of the shower: Logan made the art piece and Danielle painted it!
 Carrie and her lovely hostesses
 The great Kentucky touches
 The bride and her gifts
 Emma Kate, Megan, Macie and Morgan
 Our favorite Murray women
 Grandma Roberts, Carrie and Grandma
 Macie and Packe head to the game
 "Hail!  Hail!  The gang's all here!"
Morgan even took a shot after the game

No comments:

Post a Comment