Sunday, May 3, 2015

Going to the Chapel

Carrie and Bobby's wedding day finally arrived!  To say it was perfect would be an understatement.  Everything was beautiful and we all had a wonderful time.  But the best part of the day was seeing how truly happy my sister was all day long.  She radiated happiness from the inside out.  I could not have been more happy and more proud if I tried!
 
One thing Carrie said that she wanted was to be in the same room getting ready with all of her bridesmaids.  So Mom and Dad stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Tutwiler so we had plenty of room.  We had wonderful ladies join us to do our hair and Susan brought the champagne.  A perfect start to the day!
 Here we go!
 Getting ready
 Mom and I with our turn in the chairs
 Morgan got to wear some makeup... big day!
 And she got her hair done too
 Our three dresses just waiting on us
 Helping the bride get ready
 Morgan told her she looked like a princess
 Fluffing it up
 And the finishing touch
 Watching my Dad get his first look was so sweet
 One of my favorite touches of the day was Carrie's bouquet.  Our Grandma and her sister wore the same dress on their wedding days.  They let Carrie have the dress so Mom cut a portion of the buttons from the back of the dress to wrap around her bouquet.  It was beautiful!  And we saved it so Erin and Sarah can use it if they want to!
 We took all the bridal party pictures outside the hotel in downtown Birmingham
 One happy big sister
 The Bride and her ladies
 The most beautiful flower girl I have ever seen!  Morgan loved the entire weekend as much as I did.  She loved being a big girl and doing it all with us.  Getting dressed up is right up her alley!  She did an amazing job and had so much fun!
 The bridal party took a trolley from the hotel to the church and then to the reception.  It was a blast!  We had a cooler packed for the big kids- complete with Capri Suns for Morgan and Emma Kate!  We all danced and laughed the whole way there.
 The church was so beautiful and classic.  It didn't need too much to dress it up for the ceremony!
 The Worley Family
 Seeing the bride come down the aisle
 Morgan totally fell asleep during the ceremony!  Woke right up when it was time for her to walk back up the aisle to leave!
 The ceremony
Lovely
 Reception details
 Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Bobby Bowen!
 First dance
 So happy and beautiful
Father-Daughter dance
 Family pic
 My favorite picture from the whole weekend
 Proud parents with their youngest
 Me, my sister and my best friends.  I can't put into words how special it is to have these ladies in my life.  To have friends to love my sister like I do is such a blessing.  I am thankful for them each and every day and love that they were there to celebrate too!
 Mommy and Macie
 Mommy and Morgan on the dance floor
 This picture will be shown at her wedding one day
 Telling her Daddy secrets
 RoRo and Morgan
 Macie really was one of the last people on the dance floor!  When Morgan had her head down on a table, Macie was dancing!
 Me and Mom
 Erin, Morgan and Sarah
Dad and his boys
 Tossing the bouquet!  The girls passed the flowers to Emma Kate which caused Morgan to break down.  Quick-thinking Whitney saved the day by grabbing her own bouquet to hand to Morgan.  Crisis averted!
 My favorite part of the reception was the band!  Bobby picked them out from the beginning of the planning.  They were awesome and the dance floor was packed all night!
 Dad and his two girls
 Away they go!
 I just love my sister... couldn't let her go!
Ending the night with my girls


No comments:

Post a Comment