Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beach!

Ok, so this might go down as the longest post ever for pictures! I'm sorry! I couldn't narrow them down any further. So, we took Morgan to the beach for the first time last week. Yes, a whole week at the beach. Life truly doesn't get any better! Since all in my family are such beach bums, Morgan has no choice but to love it. And she really did! At first the pool wasn't her favorite, be she quickly warmed up to it. Morgan mostly slept under the tent when we were on the beach, but did not like the waves in the ocean. Give her time, she'll learn to love them like we do! We rented a house with my Mom, Dad, Sister and Grandmother. Jeff's mom even got to join us for a few days! What fun we had!

First time on the beach - couldn't wait until daylight!

Toes in the water...

The big kids couldn't wait to dive right in!

My little fish

In the pool with RoRo

Splashing with Dad (we learned that trick in the bath tub)

Swimming with GG

Her first lemon - what a sour face!

The fam

Chillin under the tent - not too much sun for my fair skinned baby!

Pooped out!

With Aunt Carrie

Loved her float!

Carrie, Grandma and their oysters

Morgan and Aunt Carrie

Morgan and Mommy

So happy!

Playing with Grandpa

The girls and their hats

And then the oil came... I can't complain too much. The oil made its arrival on Saturday so we only lost one day on the sand (we just went to the pool). The whole thing just makes me sad. The beach is my safe haven. Something about the sand in my toes, the sounds of the waves and the smell of the salt just makes me happy. Now, something is messing it up. The oil kinda came up in globs no bigger than my fist. But they were everywhere on the wet sand. And you could see smaller oil globs in the water too. And you could smell the oil days before it got there. Just sad. And it doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.

People were there trying to clean up

Morgan and Mommy (in her new dress made by RoRo - we love it!)

Morgan and Dad

Laughing with Aunt Carrie

Thanks RoRo for my dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment