Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Sad Day

Last weekend we lost Jeff's Granny. She was a wonderful woman and she loved my husband so very much. She was always up for a good time and I truly admired her for that. I hope that at her age I am still celebrating like she did! And she loved her Morgan Rose as well. Up until the end she was bragging on her to all of her friends. The visitation and the funeral were in Canton. The mass was held at the church in Canton where Granny Katie was married as well as Sam and Sissy. I had never been there and it was beautiful. The service was really touching and I was proud that Morgan made it through the entire thing. She even provided some smiles when after the first hymn she clapped and said, "Yay!" It really was cute and I think even Granny smiled. After a trip to the cemetery we returned to the church where the ladies had prepared food for the family and close friends. It was incredibly kind of them to do so. It was a sad day, but Granny was beautiful and was buried in the dress she wore to our wedding. I know that I will always cherish the rings I wear on my left hand that she wore for so many years before. We will always love you Granny.
Morgan and Granny's first picture
My favorite picture- so sweet!
At her birthday in November
Sharing her cake with Morgan!
Lacey and Morgan after the service.

1 comment:

  1. I'm So sorry!! I lost my grandfather week before last. It is so hard! Growing up is not so fun sometimes :( Praying for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete