Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#1... For Real!


 I still don't believe this is real life.  My beloved Bulldogs are #1 in the nation!  I have loved the Dawgs ever since my first football game my senior year in high school.  Dad and I came down for my school visit and we timed it so we could see State play Kentucky that Thursday night before my visit.  That game happened to make the Dawgs 8-0 on the season and everyone was going nuts!  I thought this was normal.  Until I realized that year was the exception to the rule.  But it was too late.  I loved them already and was hooked.  I truly believe that my 32 years as a Cubs fan has prepared me to be a State fan.  But you can't help who you love, right?

Now my Dawgs are putting the pieces together and it is magic!  On Saturday we planned a Stock the Bar shower for Carrie and Bobby.  Then the Dawgs decided to be good.  No, not good.  They are perfect!  So we moved the shower on campus so everyone could enjoy the party AND witness the craziness!  ESPN Gameday was there!  I got to see my favorite Kirk Herbstreit and watch Lee Corso pick us to win.  Amazing!  Shortly after we all met to party.

And then came the game.  #2 Auburn vs #3 State.  And we won!  This huge win shot us up to #1 and I can't handle this!  Even the rain that came right before half time couldn't dampen our spirits.  It is a great time to be a Bulldog and we couldn't be more proud of those boys on the field.  What a perfect weekend!!
 As close as I could get to Gameday
 Our happy couple ready to party
 Our Murray group!
 Just a side note: Nothing makes me happier than to see this sweet family at each game.  Now that Kathryn and James finally got season tickets I get to see them and their precious boys on campus.  And I love it!!
 Me and Jeff
 Ready to cheer on our Dawgs!
 Mom and I got out of the rain.  Dad and Jeff did not.  They got just a little wet!
 Bulldogs win!
Happy fans in a state of shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment