Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Visit to Murray!

Last weekend we headed to Murray for a quick visit. There we continued our football marathon- 3 games in 3 days! Thursday was the dawgs, Friday was Calloway County High School and Saturday was Murray State.
Friday we got to watch Garrett Schwettman kick and Morgan loved watching him! We went down to see him after half time and she was so excited. She kept saying, "kick ball, kick ball!"
Saturday we had a lazy day around town and then finished the day with... more football! But we did finally see our first win of the weekend. And what a win it was! Poor Racer One (Murray State's mascot is a race horse, and after every touchdown Racer One - an actual horse with a jockey - runs around the track that is around the field. Big fun!) was totally worn out from all the scoring Murray State did! Morgan thought this was the best thing ever and said, "Horse! Neigh! Neigh! Horse running! Bye bye horse!" It was precious. But the best moment of my weekend was when we were leaving. I ran into... Mike Arnett! I almost passed out I was so excited! Mike was such a part of my life growing up and I love him so much. Not only did I get to visit with him, but I got to see Sarah and all six of their beautiful children! It absolutely made my day. I can't even put into words.
It was a perfect Murray weekend and they don't happen often enough!!
RoRo and Morgan at the CCHS game
Morgan and Danielle
Garrett, RoRo and Morgan
(Look at Morgan. She was fascinated with Garrett and his gear!)
Garrett in action
Morgan and Packe on Emma Kate's horse swing
She LOVED it!
Pure bliss for this kid
Packe and Morgan in the press box
Morgan's picking up some announcing tips
RoRo and Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment