Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Little Fall Day

Do you ever have one of those moments that make your heart smile so big you think it might burst?  They always seem to sneak up on you too.  So often we are moving so fast that we don't even notice them until they are gone, and we are left feeling sad that we weren't enjoying it in the moment.  I had one of those days.  But I was there, present in the moment, and enjoying watching every second.  It was a nothing kind of day.  A Friday, when Macie and I picked up Morgan from school and decided to stop by Sam and Sissy's house.  It was a perfect fall day, cool but not cold, with the sun shining gloriously down on us.  Off hand Macie wanted to swing so we sauntered outside.  I sat down in the leaves and watched my girls enjoy God's world, enjoying being a kid in a swing and enjoy each other.  They took turns easily, waited patiently and laughed-really good, come from your belly laughs.  I never want to forget that day and the simple ease of it all.  I grabbed my camera and became an observer of their fun.  They would swing, take turns and run to give me hugs.  GaGa taught them how to swing together as sisters.  They laughed even more.  We played in the leaves and I never wanted the afternoon to end.  Of course it did when someone inevitably cried or whined.  But in that moment time stood still and I pray I never forget.  And I am thankful that I was not only there, but present to notice what was really happening- life at it's best.  











No comments:

Post a Comment