Friday, May 6, 2011

Royal Wedding

I am not - let me repeat- am NOT a morning person! But a royal wedding? Now I'll get up for that! Yes, I was one of the crazies who got up at 3:00 am to watch the coverage of Kate and William. And I loved it all! Holly was up with me and we talked through the whole thing so at least I'm not alone in my craziness.
First, the dress...
Kate was stunning. I loved everything about her dress, her veil and her jewels. Perfection in my opinion. And her sister Pippa? Who knew she was so beautiful? I loved her dress too. At first I wasn't so sure about the fact that they were wearing the same color and fabric, but I came around when I saw them all walking down the aisle together.
Next, the ceremony...
Who else thinks the queen looks like the meanest lady in the world? I swear, even an ocean apart she scares me. But she looked nice as well as did Kate's mother. The ceremony was nice. I liked all the music and Kate and Will seemed to enjoy it and each other. But no kiss? Weird. I wonder if that's a European thing or a royal thing?
Finally, the parties...
So I found it kinda crazy this wedding day schedule. I'll tell you what, my day was not nearly as long and I was exhausted! I can't imagine these two! But it seems like fun was had by all and I wish them luck. Lord knows the royal divorce rate is a little high. (Maybe it's the mean old lady in charge- she is the only common denominator here)
All in all it was very worth getting up that early. I enjoyed losing myself in the grandeur of it all. Who knows, maybe they'll have a son and Morgan can marry him! That way I can actually attend one of these things! Now I'll just need a hat...


No comments:

Post a Comment