Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spencer Garmon Evans

He's here! Spencer was born on April 20 and I was able to go meet him the next weekend. I drove to North Carolina to spend a few days with him, Kathryn and James. He is precious! He is the longest baby I have ever seen and just perfect. Kathryn and James are so good with him- he is one lucky guy to have such great parents! I was so thankful I could go and spend time with them. I wouldn't have missed it for the world!
Me, Kathryn and Spencer
Sweet baby boy
So cute in his duckie jammers from Carrie!
A side note from my trip-
I drove through Birmingham to get there. This was the weekend after the tornadoes hit our area hard (for me, a whole day in my closet with a 18 month old and a cat- no fun). Luckily no damage at my home, but there was tragedy all around us. I knew Birmingham had been hit, but I didn't really know where. One place was right on my route. When you are coming into town on Highway 78 you see it. I wasn't prepared. Traffic had come to a stop because they still did not have power and the stop lights on the divided highway were out. The National Guard was there directing traffic. From where I was you could see the worst. You could see just where the tornado had touched down. I had to pull over because I got emotional. You see footage on tv, but seeing it in person for me was hard. Looking at that, knowing there was no way anyone could survive that, made me so thankful for our safety that week. On my way back I took some pictures.
This was a neighborhood
It's just gone

No comments:

Post a Comment