Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Pumpkin Mess

This year we took a trip to Florence again to visit with Carrie and Bobby and go to the pumpkin patch.  We had such fun last year so we knew we wanted to go again.  The girls and I made the trip one rainy Friday after Morgan got out of school.  The rain should have kept us away, but it didn't.
 
The girls were so excited to go.  We met Carrie at her new office and walked to see the lions as usual.  And what a show we saw!  Una was running around playing with the ball and Leo even talked to us!  The girls were thrilled.  We made it to the pumpkin patch, had some fun and picked out our pumpkins.  And then things turned bad...
 
I wasn't feeling great all day but was still able to make the trip.  We left the patch because I was getting a little worse.  I didn't even make it back to Carrie's house before I got sick.  Bless Carrie's heart, she helped me clean up the car after I got sick.  Now that is sisterly love for sure!  She even went to Target to get me some new clothes and a toothbrush.  It was not my finest moment.  And then after leaving Target Macie got sick before we made it to the house!  I have never felt so guilty for not only causing Carrie to have to deal with this, but for bringing the germs to Carrie and Bobby's house.  Carrie was a champ.  She did my laundry and fed Morgan.  It was quite the day!  Thankfully, Carrie cleaned so well behind us that neither Carrie or Bobby got sick.  Thank goodness!
 Time with the lions
 Morgan
 Macie
 Macie loved watching the chickens
 Sweet baby
 Morgan loved playing on the hay
 Big fun
 Precious sisters
 Helping Aunt Carrie load up our selections to bring home
And later that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment